Re: LS How are we doing?

From: Jonathan Marder (marder@agri.huji.ac.il)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 07:28:38 BST

Hi friends,

RICHARD
> "We're more than half way through the first week. How are we doing?
Should
> we switch to Chapter 2 on Sunday as planned? Should we extend Chapter
1 for
> another week? What do we need to do differently? What should stay the
same?"

As I see it, some very good threads started up:
1. The portrayal of women.
I appreciated David B's "autumnal" theme, and Diana's excellent post on
the ubiquity of negative protrayals of women. Perhaps there's more
mileage in this thread.

2. Orion: seems to have petered out for now, but surely there's more to
say.

3. VERY slow reading starting from the first sentence. Andreas is doing
a yeomen job keeping this going all on his own.

I will be happy to see any of these threads continuing and will make my
own contributions when I have something worth saying.

I think that we should not move on until people stop posting relevant
stuff. The irrelevant stuff is stopped by Keith anyway (right Keith?).

So instead of voting to move on, let's "vote" by not posting. Let's say
that we give each Chapter a minimum of 2 weeks and then extend it until
the posts dry up e.g. for 3 days.

Jonathan

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org