RE: LS BOUNCE

From: rich pretti (richpretti@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 21:56:09 GMT

Greg wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>>3) Four Static patterns of Value have evolved through the free force
of
>> Dynamic Quality.
>>
>> Physical
>> Biological
>> Social
>> Intellectual
>Maybe I had misinterpreted Pirsig, but he did say that Dynamic Quality
was a
>higher standing than any of these (obviously), but he included it in
one of
>his lists. This is an important point because it does classify it and
>think makes it more clear.

I think greg is right, Pirsig does seem to be saying that evolution is
evolving towards Dynamic quality... and I realized another shortcoming
in my description. Pirsig's lowest conflict is that of Inorganic
Patterns over Chaos... is this degenerate Dynamic quality? is that
possible? How can we describe a higher level of Dynamic Quality?
...Society, Intellect I understand as existent within and outside
myself.. yet I have been perceiving dynamic quality as "something which
pervades all"... the creative force of evolution. What was first?
These are some deep questions, and I don't think Pirsig really explores
them in ZMM or Lila. Is the end of the road when humanity/reality exists
in a purely dynamic form? I find this impossible... remember, without
static patterns, life is impossible.
Shit, gotta get back to work.

-rich

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org