Re: LS Power and the MOQ

From: Jason McKague (jmckague@sunsetdirect.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 19:16:46 BST

Dear all,
I am writing in response to what Carmen has written regarding power and the
MOQ. She wrote:

> Power is there and everyone has it, and what the MOQ tells us about power
> (or anything one wishes to analyze) is that real power is:
> "Freedom from domination of static patterns" and at the same time
> "Freedom from domination doesn't mean the destruction or blind attack over the
> static patterns".

This is exactly what I was trying to say. Like gumption, everyone has
"power"; the issue [moral] isn't whether the power is 'good' or 'bad', but
HOW this power (capability, gumtion) is used. Hitler was clearly powerful
but his power wasn't necessarily "bad", per say. Rather, his USE of this
power was bad. (Abominable, terrible, sick, unforgiveable, etc - are
probably better adjectives.)

Jason.

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org