Re: LS Power and the MOQ

From: Jonathan B. Marder (marder@agri.huji.ac.il)
Date: Wed Apr 07 1999 - 21:04:08 BST

Hi all,
  Maybe I'm being too cynical sitting back and not contributing lately,
but I have been highly amused by Kevin and John's competition vs.
cooperation argument.

Kevin:
>Pulling examples from nature doesn't too often apply to soicety
>and intellect. ...

But nature, particularly evolution provides the ultimate answer to
the argument. Cooperation is clearly favoured by nature - favoured
because it is . . . . more competitive :-)

Cooperation is the means by which the weak become powerful. But
they only need to achieve power to enable them to compete.

That might just be a huge chunk of the MoQ right there in a nutshell!

Jonathan

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org