Re: LS Power and the MOQ

From: Jason McKague (jmckague@sunsetdirect.com)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 14:59:43 BST

Dear Jonathan and fellow thinkers,

I have to respond to your comments [Jonathan]. Basically I need some
clarification. you wrote:

But nature, particularly evolution provides the ultimate answer to
>the argument. Cooperation is clearly favoured by nature - favoured
>because it is . . . . more competitive :-)
>
>Cooperation is the means by which the
>That might just be a huge chunk of the MoQ right there in a nutshell!

I guess my question, ultimately, is - what [if anything] are you saying?
"Cooperation is favoured by nature b/c it is competitive"? Please qualify
this. At a biological level, competition is something like dynamic quality.
Barring cetain symbiotic relationships though, I can't really think of an
example where cooperation exists in nature. Nature is almost exclusively a
competitive situation. Secondly, why and how does "nature favor
cooperation"? Please, what are you talking about?

Also, you say that through coop., the weak become strong. Hmmm.... who are
"the weak"? And more importantly, cooperation towards what? If "the weak"
are this way because of ignorance or stupidity, then how would they know
"what" to work towards?

Maybe I've misunderstood your statements, but from this point, they are
decisively objectionable.

JASON

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org