LS dynamic and static

From: Marco (mbona@tiscalinet.it)
Date: Tue Aug 17 1999 - 02:53:24 BST

Hi LS!

This is my first presence and i hope not to be banal. I hope also to write a
comprehensible English, as it is not my language.

I think that a real person cannot live without both static and dynamic
experiences in his life. Obviously statics experiences are frequent and
boring. Instead the good aspect in dynamic experiences is that they reach
unexpected, sometimes through external stimuli, sometimes through unexpected
intuitions.

Every new experience has always something of dynamic: for a child any
experience is dynamic, and tht's why usually we have so many good memories
about our infancy.

On the contrary, every human being knows that it is usual for old people to
be less ready to accept changes: routine has made static our past
experiences, and the weight of it make not easy to agree new experiences.

I think that two things can help real people to be ready for dynamic
experiences:

First, the knowledge of the evolutionary nature of the universe, as Pirsig
has evidenced in Lila.
We know that Pirsig has defined the weight of past experiences as an immune
system, and we know that it is moral that a new idea modifies the status
quo, so we can be ready to face new experiences.

Second, our determination to transform the routine in RTA.
Only this can make us to be able to bear the weight of the activities that
cannot be eliminated by real life. If you consider your job, the kiss for
your wife every morning, the games with your children, the lunches in family
as a ritual, you do not feel that weight, and you do not need time for
yourself: every your moment is time for yourself, even if it's spent in
routine activities. And every your RTA moment can be the right one to
become unexpectedly a moment for a dynamic increase for yourself.

In the end i want to tell you something about RTA: the italian translation
for to have fun, or to do what you like, is DIVERTIRSI ( RT !), and it means
just to make something different. This term derives from a latin word that
means to go out from your rut ( RT !). Please note that also divorce
(DIVORTIUM) derives from the same term!!!

My think is that you must walk in your rut (SQ), if you don't want to lose
the right way, but sometimes you can go out to find DQ.
That's the way to find a new rut (DQ becomes SQ), or to go back to your old
rut, if you find bad your new experience.

Marco.

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org