Re: MD Individuality

From: Scott R (jse885@spinn.net)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 18:49:40 GMT

    Patrick,

    No, that wasn't me on cameras and such-like. I think that was the
    how-much-does-culture-influence perception thread, which I didn't take part
    in.

    By the way, I'm not fully enamored of the TV model, since it begs the
    question of who is wathcing the TV. I prefer the metronome model (as
    mentioned in my post to Matt, if it came through this time), that the brain
    serves to keep the senses and body in general in spatio-temporal
    synchronization. But mainly I'm against computer models of any kind, formal
    or connectionist, that assume that everything comes out of its activity.

    - Scott