MD Pirsig a liberal?

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 21:16:51 GMT

    Hi DMB, Matt:

    DMB wrote:
    As I understand it, Pirsig does say that the more liberal ideologies, that
    one's that would tend to concern themselves with feed and educate the
    poor, are more moral than the one's that don't.

    Matt wrote:
    I agree that Pirsig says liberal ideologies are more moral than others.

    Would either of you gentlemen care to back up your assertion with
    evidence? I've looked in Lila and can find none. Rather, Pirsig seems to
    contradict your assertion when he says:

    "To put philosophy in the service of any social organization or any
    dogma is immoral." (29)

    Platt