Re: MD The individual in the MOQ

From: David Morey (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 21:17:49 BST

    Paul:It may be
    that the meaning of death can be broadened to refer to the loss of the
    ability to respond to Dynamic Quality. I don't know.

    DM: Being alive is having a future, being dead is to cease to be
    able to make one's possibilities actual in the world, at least
    from those belonging to one's present life, does SQ imply
    the possibility of one's possibilities reemerging to become
    actual again? If I die you will not get any more of the many
    emails that at this moment exist as my very own possibility.
    Possibility=DQ I would suggest. But maybe DQ transcends
    the world of finite/actual SQ. If DQ is real what is the ontological status
    of the DQ possibilities that are forsaken in the living of one
    particular and finite life? As a collection of SQ/DQ an individual
    has no permanance because the collection falls apart and ceases
    to be the collection known as David Morey it just falls back
    into less complex patterns, a pile of bio-carbons. But DQ is nothing
    as you say, it is not troubled by mortality, something we all suspect about
    our existence because mortality applies only to patterns.