MD The Social Construction of Reality

From: MarshaV (marshalz@i-2000.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 10:50:34 BST

    Greetings.

    Painting appeals to me because it moves me to an interesting
    perspective. Sometimes I move close to an edge, that is, my edge. It's
    one thing to talk about it,
                            it's another to experience it.

    I was graced to spend ten days in Madrid. I went to pay homage to
    Velazquez and Sorolla. While there I spoke to an interesting man about the
    Catholic religion in Spain. He told me they worshipped a the feminine via
    Mary and the saints, going to them more often than the male
    representatives. It's true, but something felt wrong with this idea. When
    I found the words, it was that women were not represented fully.

    What would be a word to represent everything-is-connected-to-everything
    be? What kind of emotions would it carry? Could it rise above all
    religions? What kind of insight might it offer? Would it contain empathy,
    compassion, hope, and strength?

    I think of archetypes. A meme sounds like some kind of archetype. How
    does one loosen a system of SD when it is unhealthy, or of low quality, or
    needs to move to a higher level of SD?

    Am I making sense to anyone?

    MarshaV

    P.S. Has anyone read 'The Social Construction of Reality' by Peter L.
    Berger and Thomas Luckmann? I've put a strange collection of ideas into my
    head. (All this talk of religion has me painting an angel.)