Re: MD MoQ based psychology

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 05:15:05 BST

    Dear Ilya,

    You wrote 11 Aug 2004 17:01:28 +0400:
    'It seems to me, psychology do[es]n't necessarily need to be based on
    metaphysics.
    Metaphysics, as you said in your article, "is understood to mean our answers
    to three questions:
    1) How can we know? (epistemology)
    2) What can we know? (ontology)
    3) How can we know what we should do? (meta-ethics)"

    Psychology, on the other hand, have to consider these three questions:
    1) What do we have? (The possible answer is: experience.)
    2) What can we say about it? (How can we conceptualize it?)
    3) What can we do about it? (How can we become more happy, more
    harmonious and so on.)'

    Answering any question presupposes an epistemology.
    Answering 'experience' to 'What do we have?' implies giving the broadest
    possible answer according to the MoQ ontology.
    Answering the question 'What can we do about it?' presupposes a meta-ethics.

    What is the 'psyche' in your psychology? I.e. about what does pscychology
    want to know?
    What should we do about the 'psyche' in your psychology? Are happiness,
    harmony etc. indeed the highest and/or most desirable goals possible??

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim