Re[4]: MD DYNAMIC PRESSURE (?)

From: Ilya Korobkov (korobkov_ilya@mail.ru)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 13:32:44 BST

    Hi Mark and all,

    Vac> Mark 10-8-04: Hi Ilya, I agree with you. Awareness is to be aware of
    Vac> something, which implies duality. Exceptional coherence does not feature duality.
    Vac> You then suggest awareness, "to be the result of (and a sign of) some
    Vac> incoherence between static patterns that compose a man." I like that. We may envisage
    Vac> a spectrum reaching from Incoherence, (chaos - not DQ, bit Incoherence
    Vac> relationships between sq) to Exceptional coherence. On this scale, SOM is less
    Vac> coherent than the MOQ. Many psychological problems explained in SOM language fail
    Vac> to adequately understand the relationships and tensions between,
    Vac> Organic/Social, Social/Intellectual, Organic/Intellectual, etc.

    Yes, I think you are right.

    Vac> Mark 10-8-04: Yes, i think you are correct to say, "You use the term
    Vac> "cutting pressure" to describe only coherent state..." Perhaps coherence is a
    Vac> static description of the best result Dynamic pressure can attain?

    So we have now two dimensions, two scales, to describe a human. One is
    STATICNESS-DYNAMICNESS (with a "sweet spot" somewhere between the
    extremes) that characterizes adherence of a person to static patterns.
    And another is COHERENCE-INCOHERENCE that characterizes degree of
    dissociation between patterns.
    I think this model is a good advance in the construction of a
    new psychology.

    Vac> However, these leads me back to the Incoherence (chaos) - Coherence (Mystic)
    Vac> continuum. So, when you suggest "A person may be not coherent at all and still
    Vac> experience great DYNAMIC PRESSURE" perhaps this hypothetical person may be
    Vac> placed on the Incoherence/coherence continuum somewhere? Maybe towards the
    Vac> chaotic end? Perhaps very chaotic?
    Vac> What is the immediate difference between the two poles of this continuum?

    If we have two axes (mentioned above) we have in fact four not two but
    four extreme cases:
    1) Very static and very coherent person;
    2) very static and very incoherent person;
    3) very dynamic and very coherent person;
    4) very dynamic and very incoherent person.

    As to the dimension "STATICNESS-DYNAMICNESS", I think YOU are the indisputable
    authority :-)
    As to the second dimension ("COHERENCE-INCOHERENCE"), it corresponds
    to how whole a man is. Either he is split personality, or he is one whole, do
    you see?

    Vac> Mark 10-8-04: This is one of the best descriptions of a Dynamic Quality in
    Vac> action i have read for a very long, (masculine) time.

    Yes. The women are mysterious creatures. I would speculate that they
    are more coherent than men. And they are much more dynamic then men
    when they are premenstrual.
    The practical part of my theses will be devoted to the psychology of
    the labouring woman, by the way.

    Best regards,
    Ilya.