Re: MD Metaphysics of Value

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 01:23:14 BST

    MSH

    .
    > msh says:
    > Notice, I said "plan" as in divine plan, master plan, planner. I
    > don't deny purpose as evolutionary progress.
    >
    > You're just trying to piss me off... ;-)

    Pirsig said:

    "Neither is there a quarrel between the Metaphysics of Quality and
    the
    "teleological" theories which insist that life has some purpose."

    Notice he said "theories" which include divine plans, master plans,
    planners and any related teleological notions.

    msh:
    There's no "quarrel" between the MOQ and the theory that crop circles
    are caused by visitors from another planet. That doesn't mean that
    such visitors exist, or that such a theory may be derived from the
    MOQ.

    Pirsig says there is no need for his metaphysics "to be supplemented
    by a teleological account (supernatural or otherwise)." What could
    be clearer?

    msh
    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)

    --
    InfoPro Consulting - The Professional Information Processors
    Custom Software Solutions for Windows, PDAs, and the Web Since 1983