Re: MD SQ and reincarnation

From: Joseph Maurer (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 19:23:57 BST

    On 17 August 2004 3:41 PM MarshaV writes:

    MarshaV: "Yet if everything-is-connected-to-everything, I am not separate
    from anybody else. My dream was just a facet of the cultural dream."

    joe: IMO a metaphysics describes elements of knowledge. Dynamic Quality is
    undefined, Static Quality is defined. I have a mystical connection to DQ. I
    am not unique, every sentient does. I have an awareness of myself. This
    awareness is individual and separates me from others. You have jumped into
    contentious water right off the bat.

    MarshaV: "I would, though, like to know what MOQ says about the dreams."

    joe: i don't know what the MOQ says about dreams. I am presently reading
    Joseph Campbell's "The Hero With a Thousand Faces". On page 8 he states:
    "Psychoanalysis, the modern science of reading dreams, has taught us to take
    heed of these unsubstantial images." On page 259 he states: "The key to the
    modern systems of psychological interpretations therefore is this: the
    metaphysical realm = the unconscious. Correspondingly, the key to open the
    door the other way is the same equation in reverse: the unconscious = the
    metaphysical realm."

    Intersubjective agreement is possible. There is a discipline I can follow
    which reveals the mystical connection. Theoretically you can follow the same
    discipline and we can agree about what we are discussing.

    MarshaV: "Hmmm. I cannot agree about the word 'ought'. From my point-of-view
    the most dynamic is found with the word 'isn't'. "Ought' is too moralistic."

    David M 14-08-04-2:01PM How does the MOQ view 'is' as opposed to 'ought'

    joe: i accept David M's POV with regard to 'ought'. "'Ought' says DQ is
    present. The situation is open. There is a choice to make. Things can go one
    way or another, the pattern is unknown, does not yet exist......." IMO
    evolution.

    MarshaV: What did you mean by "you seek other intervals, coherence."?

    joe: you describe yourself as a "seeker of 'truth' all my life". IMO the
    discipline needed to reveal the mystical connection proceeds in order to
    'the sweet spot'. Mark M in The Edge of Chaos on the moq web site uses a
    formulation of 'coherence'. As a singer I view the intervals in an octave
    as another formulation that the harmonies between the notes both create and
    describe the tensions for further revelations. The interconnectedness of
    everything! IMO the models of the octave and 'coherence' have high quality.
    'Coherence' is more scientific in alluding to the 'preferences' in 'chaos'
    to lay the groundwork for distinguishing self-awareness and morality.

    Joe Maurer