Re: MD MOQ and The Problem Of Evil

From: ml (mbtlehn@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 17:53:54 BST

    'morning Chuck:

    Chuck:
    > Your generalization, while offensive, was also groundless. Good for
    > you. Smacks a bit of desperation.

    mel:
    Always happy to offer offense if someone wants any, public service
    you understand ;-) As to desperation...more frustrated boredom
    really, too much like philosophy classes to be fun.

     Chuck:
    > Also, what msh said is as valid as it gets and leaves your argument
    > face down, feet stuck in the starting blocks long after the tape's been
    > broken.

    mel:
    No wonder I appear slow, you guys are sprinting at the track
    and I'm swimming over in the pool. I brought a cucumber to
    a gunfight.

    The problem of relying upon a form is the risk of becoming
    stuck in that very form. This whole line of discussion seems
    perceived as an argument, which is what I was trying to show
    as a pointless exercise. We are all trapped to the point ,in
    This PARTICULAR Thread, of smothering in SOM.

    So, for the sake of this thread:

    Wow, you've convinced me there is no god.

    thanks--mel ;-)