RE: MD MOQ and The Problem Of Evil

From: Chuck Roghair (ctr@pacificpartssales.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 17:39:26 BST

    Good Morning Marsha, Platt, all:

    Platt wrote:

    "Most of my paintings fail. Despite all my failures, I keep painting because
    I want to be there when the image before me suddenly transforms itself into
    a living thing."

    Chuck responds:

    Is it possible for a painting to "fail"? How do you know? I assume because
    it "never transforms itself into a living thing." That's an interesting way
    to describe the process, as if the painting, or something else is
    responsible for the "transformation."

    Despite the fact that the "transformation" rarely happens, at least not to
    your satisfaction, Platt, you continue to paint. So do your paintings
    actually fail? Can they fail? They evolve and exist, but "fail"--I don't
    know.

    "The creative preocees," that's where it's at. Is it possible for the
    creative process to fail? I'm of the opinion that any creative process is a
    success by virtue of it's own existence. I've heard it said that "the
    Journey is the Destination." I can't think of a place where that sentiment
    is any more valid.

    Any artists who's in it for the joy of "creative process" primarily, as
    opposed to fame or money, is a conduit for Quality. The most accomplished
    and prolific, those closing in on Satori perhaps, express Quality with the
    least amount of Static; they are the true visionaries among us interpreting
    Quality in it's purest form, before it's so thoughtlessly chopped-up and
    picked clean.

    Also, there are no rules! Artists are free to create there own universe.
    Artistically speaking, Quality is unfettered by preconceived divisions;
    linguistic shortcomings, for example, don't obstruct the creative artistic
    process the way they do politics, science, philosophy, MoQ, etc.

    Writing and music bring me creative fulfillment I don't get anywhere else.
    Having done both for years now and recently jibing said creative experiences
    with the MoQ, I can't help but believe that Creativity is Quality is Being.

    Artists are the Goddesses.

    Best regards,

    Chuck

    A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving. A good
    artist lets his intuition lead him wherever it wants.
    -Lao Zi