Re: MD The individual in the MOQ

From: Joseph Maurer (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 17:41:56 BST

    On 26 August 2004 8:04 AM Platt writes to Ham:

    Platt: Logically, there must be one for there to be a dichotomy. Thus,
    Jasper's
    "Comprehensive" is a logical necessity. I think it was Plato who observed
    a few thousand years ago: "You cannot conceive of the many without the
    one."

    Metaphysically we can run from logic, but we can't hide from it if we want
    be taken seriously. Only artistically can we escape from logic's
    restraints.

    Hi Platt, Ham and all,

    joe: everything in the encyclopedia is enclosed in a moral hierarchy. Is
    this my awareness of logic? As an individual sentient I can be an illogical,
    immoral artist creating from an acceptance of DQ. Is this how I escape from
    logic's restraints?

    Joe