Re[13]: MD DYNAMIC PRESSURE (?)

From: Ilya Korobkov (korobkov_ilya@mail.ru)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 12:26:47 BST

    Hi Mark,

    Thank you for your patient and careful explanations! To my regret
    they didn't answer all of my questions.

    Vac> Ilya:
    Vac> They (sq) EMERGE out of nothingness
    Vac> in the act of experience (DQ), don't they? And they do not become
    Vac> independent of DQ upon emergence, do not "live their own life" - they
    Vac> live as long as they are experienced, don't they? If so, what means
    Vac> "openness of static patterns to DQ"? They cannot be closed to DQ by
    Vac> definition! And cannot be MORE or LESS open to DQ - it just make no
    Vac> sense to say so!

    Vac> Mark 24-8-04: It does make sense to say, "MORE or LESS open to DQ" because a
    Vac> Crocodile is an evolutionary dead end which has remained virtually unchanged
    Vac> for millions of years. This particular biological static latch has been so
    Vac> successful it has virtually stopped responding to DQ altogether.

    Is it so? I would say instead that Crocodile's DQ didn't require
    Crocodile's static patterns to change. Crocodile's static patterns
    perfectly well fitted Crocodile's DQ for millions of years.

    But doesn' matter! I don't like this interpretation of mine for the
    same reason I don't like the above interpretation of yours: we both
    consider DQ and static patterns as conceptual opposites. But as Paul
    in his recent post "RE: MD The individual in the MOQ" showed it is not
    right to do so!

    Paul:
    >> ...the second truth of Nagarjuna has the consequence that this whole
    >> static world is ultimately identical to Dynamic Quality,
    >> that there is really no division between static quality and
    >> Dynamic Quality. Quite simply, if Dynamic Quality is undivided,
    >> it can't be divided from static quality!

    This is the very notion I had in mind when I wrote in my last letter
    that static patterns cannot be closed to DQ by definition. I just
    couldn't put it into words with such striking clarity as Paul did.
    Patterns are not separate from DQ and therefore they cannot be closed
    to DQ. And they cannot be MORE or LESS open to DQ either.

    Vac> Mark 24-8-04: When a Dynamic advance is in progress there is the possibility
    Vac> of an accompanying static latch or a fall into chaos.

    Mark, could you give me one example of a Dynamic advance WITHOUT an
    accompanying static latch? I have troubles imagining it. How can
    Dynamic Quality exist without static patterns? And the mirroring
    question: how can static patterns exist without Dynamic Quality?

    Vac> If you imagine a series
    Vac> of very rapid advance/latch/advance/latch... type moves, then the perfect
    Vac> balance between these two is coherence.

    I would save the term "coherence" to denote relationships between
    static patterns only. But if you insist on using it to describe
    relationships between static patterns and DQ also, I may coin another
    term to denote relationships between static patterns only. Let it be
    COORDINATION, for example.

    Vac> Mark 24-8-04: The first dimension: This is an interesting way of looking at
    Vac> it. However, you have introduced a reductionist approach here in that you feel
    Vac> it is appropriate to identify basic patterns of sq.

    I don't understand why you call my approach reductionist Mark?
    What do I reduce to what?

    Best regards,
     Ilya

    MD Queries -