RE: MD MOQ and The Problem Of Evil

From: Scott Roberts (jse885@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 15:38:29 BST

    Chuck,
    > Chuck said:
    > > "Atheists versus Christians."
    > >
    > > No offense, but I think Pirsig, Buddhist-guy and I would clean your
    clock.

    > Scott repied:
    > Except that I wouldn't know which side I'm on, so the game would be called
    > on account of theological quibbling.
    >
    > Chuck responds:
    > Scott, you're all over the place here. Given the choice between Atheism
    and
    > Christianity, you don't know which side you're on? A "Christian," correct
    > me if I'm wrong, is someone who believes in Christ and his dual nature.
    > >From previous points in your recent posts, I assumed that applied to you.

    I have said that I have found a lot of value in Christianity, but I have
    also found a lot of value in Buddhism. So, correct, between (Buddhist)
    atheism and Christian theism, I don't know which side I'm on, other than I
    know I'm against the other kind of atheism.
    I like to think that religion of the future, being thoroughly intellectual,
    will not need either label.

    > Devotional Faith is a weird animal; it comes and goes, I guess. Maybe
    > that's why I find it so repugnant.

    The word "devotion" is not part of my religious vocabulary either, and I'm
    dubious whether 'faith' belongs as well.

    - Scott