Re: MD The empirical verifiability of value

From: David Morey (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 20:09:38 BST

     Paul:
    > There is no need to deduce the existence of something beyond experience
    > when you take something that is experienced as the starting point of
    > your metaphysics. The avoidance of this is a good thing.

    DM: Yes but I would add that Pirsig goes
    from experience to cosmology to examine
    how SQ & DQ can depict a cosmic evolution
    that contains levels, the levels and SQ patterns
    are objective in the sense of being patterns we
    can describe, talk about, expt with, agree upon. Not objective
    in the subject-object polar-dualist metaphysics sense.