MD The problem of one self and four discrete levels of static patterns

From: Ilya Korobkov (korobkov_ilya@mail.ru)
Date: Sat Sep 04 2004 - 20:06:35 BST

    Hi Mark,

    very interesting, really! Still, I don't understand something.
    How does it happen that in our ordinary life we don't feel
    ourselves as three separate entities - biological, social and
    intellectual, but feel ourselves as one whole self?
    It you say that the self is illusion, then I will ask, THE ILLUSION OF
    WHOM?
    I introduced the concept of hierarchy of dominance of patterns
    to explain this problem and thought the mystery solved. But today I
    suddenly thought: WHERE or IN WHOM does this hierarchy exist? If there
    are no place and no one where or in whom the hierarchy exist then the
    very idea of hierarchy doesn't make any sense! We are exactly where
    we had started from.

    Hope you will help to clear things up.

    Best regards,
     Ilya