Re: MD the Answer

From: Charles Vanderford (proskuneo@fastermail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 2004 - 07:07:12 BST

    I understand what you're saying. It's a big problem that this world isn't on your side when it comes to apprehending Quality and hanging onto it.  It's always moving too fast or being too loud or too obnoxious or whatever.  Anyway, like someone said, Pirsig was in a struggle for his own well-being to arrive at a Quality life himself.  I think that in all our talking about how different subject/object metaphysics is from Quality, we may forget that we're involved in the same kind of struggle.  I think that to really experience Quality, you have to keep thinking about it, keep feeling for it.  It's always there.  There may be many ideas surrounding Quality in the MOQ, like the social and intellectual levels and all that, but essentially, at the core, the part that matters most is that we're always in -contact- with it.

    Sometimes, I find that my mind is awfully cluttered with noise and thoughts racing around.  I just find someplace quiet and sit to calm my mind.  I don't know if I understand much of anything about meditation, I just found a way that is helpful to me.  I breathe in deeply but naturally, then exhale just as naturally, and on every exhale I'm in the present.  Try it out.  Don't make a big thing out of it or anything else you do.  Don't expect any results or any failures, just be there and feel that Quality is always there.  It's really nice to do right when you wake up.

    I also learned to stop seeing everything and thinking of anything through the lense of self.  You have to, in a sense, abandon certain parts of yourself to make room for Quality.

    I have no doubts anyone can experience it for themselves.  But it's nothing big or exotic, just good.

    Enjoy it.

    MarshaV wrote:

    Re: At some time I became aware, that there is no answer, there never was an
    Re: answer, and there never will be an answer. I suppose that is as close to
    Re: the truth as I'll ever get. Sounds very Buddhist, doesn't it?
    Re:
    Re: For me, ZMM & Lila offer hope that there might be a way to at least find a
    Re: direction towards quality. But it's still hard. Reading isn't
    Re: enough. Neither is thinking. Love and trust are so beyond my abilities.
    Re:
    Re: I sense that meditation will expand the path, but I'm finding it difficult
    Re: to pull together enough gumption.
    Re:
    Re: Any suggestions?