Re: MD A bit of reasoning

From: Joseph Maurer (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 19:55:00 BST

    On 10 October 2004 9:50 AM mel writes to David

    <snip>

    [mel] If we hold the complexity in mind, with our normal habit
    of consciousness, we will see only tiny "blips" of DQ.
    Should we instead release our attachment to the complexity
    we perceive in normal consciousness and open ourselves
    up to an uncluttered perception of the present moment, we
    will see less of the SQ, and DQ will become the far larger
    part of our perceiving.

    [mel] SQ resides in time and habit, it is dependent.
    DQ resides in being and without separation

    Hi mel, David and all,

    [joe] This sounds wonderful! Is there a logical perception of complexity,
    and a mystical perception of the moment? Are there practices which release
    'holding complexity in mind'? What is 'being' and 'our normal habit of
    consciousness'? How do I make awareness = 0 in the present moment? There
    seems to be so much in what you say, and yet I understand so little! How do
    you do it? Please!

    Joe