Re: MD Where does quality reside?

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 14:45:10 BST

    I was wondering if people answer this in the context of the analogy that was given earlier about Pirsig's point is that we have another sense for quality/value. I am not sure if I understand that. Senses are separating information, so the light- vision, sound- hearing, etc. so if you make the value-Quality sense, it seems like you are doing a split that you shouldn't be doing if value really is the "groundstuff".

    Erin

    Platt Holden <pholden@sc.rr.com> wrote:

    > msh says:
    > Why do people sometimes disagree about the
    > objects in which Quality resides?

    Quality resides in objects? Or in the "eye of the beholder?" I think
    Pirsig addresses this perennial question, but I can't find where. Anyone
    know where he gives a definitive answer? Perhaps Quality "resides" in both
    subject and object? If so, what's the relationship?

    Thanks.

    Platt