Re: RE: MD Wisconsin School OKs Creationism Teaching

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 23:54:41 GMT

    David

    Quote "a full explanation, I think not".
    Fine, by why plug the gaps with a "god".

    Like so much atomist (exclusively logical & scientific) thinking, genes are
    far too convenient / pat an explanation of the detail, (as are the much
    maligned memes), but the gaps in the detail do not invalidate basic
    evolutionary principles. The gaps may be an interesting mystery, but why
    propose a mystical explanation ?

    (Read & Sheldrake are more creative artistically and infintely preferable to
    the convenience of Genesis.)

    Ian