Re: MD On Heyman's Arrogance

From: PhaedrusWolf@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 15:14:07 GMT

    In a message dated 11/14/04 1:18:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    markheyman@infoproconsulting.com writes:

    That's when I realized that some folks here are looking to promote
    one or another religious or political or anti- intellectual, or anti-
    scientific agenda, and that their interest in "truth" is but a
    convenient pose.

    Hi msh,

    The anti-intellectual may feel that some here support only the scientific
    agenda, and their "truth" is but a convenient pose. This posing coming from the
    mind of man, man, or maybe better stated, individual men who feel they have
    discovered the "truth" through their independent study of the scientific
    facts; mostly derived from the independent study of other men who went before
    them.

    The anti-intellectual may feel they have discovered the "truth" through
    their independent study of the theology; mostly derived from the independent
    study of other men who went before them.

    I feel it is unwise to alienate either from the discussion. By pointing out
    the limits you see from the anti-intellectual, then you eliminate them from
    the discussion. If this means that you can only accept your truths on
    scientific data, then you have limited the disagreement you state you are seeking. You
    must accept all views, despite their limitations as you see it, to add to
    this search for the truth.

    The religious may claim devine intervention in their thinking, which might
    place you in the mindset that they are closed minded, and can't recognize a
    dynamic truth. For this you would alienate them(?)

    Socrates claimed devine intervention, and maybe we can blame him for this
    theological thinking of the one true God. Before him, there was no acceptance of
     this one true God, and he went to his death for making this claim. Through
    the dialogues, he found truth, not by searching for those who believed in the
    one true God, but those who believed in gods.

    If you wish to think about this in scientific terms, then you may not so
    readily dismiss this devine intervention. As with what 'We' are doing here, two
    or more minds can merge together in thought to create the 'Master mind.' "Two
    heads are better than one." Huh?

    In this scientific master mind, you might explain why Socrates, before the
    Bible was written, found devine intervention. The devine intervention of his
    one true God could have come from the 'Master mind theory' of the blending of
    minds actually creating one master mind of thought outside, and independent
    from each of their individual minds, or thought.

    If there were not a God, then we would have to create one to explain this
    phenomena. You must believe in it to some degree, or you would not be here
    looking for disagreement.

    "You despise that in others that which you fear the most in yourself." By
    rejecting the religious view, you are doing what you most despise in the others
    you are trying to alienate. You have condemned thier viable philosophy, just
    as you claim they have condemned yours.

    You think?

    Chin