Re: MD On Heyman's Arrogance

From: PhaedrusWolf@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 21:05:42 GMT

    In a message dated 11/14/04 11:52:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    markheyman@infoproconsulting.com writes:

    My position is that a religious view is not a scientific view, and
    much confusion arises when one seeks for religious belief the
    imprimatur of science.

    Furthermore, my position is that any belief, religious or otherwise,
    that does not have an empirical basis will not be supported by the
    Metaphysics of Quality.

    Hi msh,

    I understand where you are coming from here, as what you are stating is
    object over subject.

    The subjective view is a distortion of the objective view, mind is only an
    accumulation of knowledge gained from experience.

    It does seem this is the path Pirsig took, so I imagine MOQ would depend on
    it, and since I am on a MOQ forum, I would be the one out of line in my
    thinking.

    I'll continue to read to see if I can make sense of the empirical thinking,
    and will admit to being more of a mystic in my philosophy, and even in my
    reality, as I do feel I still have a strong relationship with the spirits of my
    forefathers. This static pattern will possibly always make up a major
    philosophical difference in the way I view the world.

    We'll just see what comes about.

    Chin