Re: MD Wisconsin School OKs Creationism Teaching

From: Joseph Maurer (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 22:27:30 GMT

    On 13 November 2004 4:20 PM Ian writes:

    I've said enough already, but ...

    "Shouldn't we teach what people believe to be true ?"

    True, but why would "intellectuals" bother to debate / argue what is
    true, if the truth could be found by popular democracy ?

    "They call it God now only because they don't know about Quality ?" I
    don't mind what they "call" it, but I am concerned what they think it
    is. Whether they call it God or Quality, I'd be horrified if they
    thought it was a transcendent purposeful being.

    "Allowing room for both God and Darwin ?" But why must it always be a
    binary debate ?

    Ian

    Hi Ian and all,

    Ian I have always admired your calmness. When there have been difficult
    postings on the list, calmness is king. I went back in Lila's Child,
    Chapter 14 [March 1998] to [April 1998] pp 403 to 474. Struan proposed
    that the MOQ's inquiry into morals was based on 'emotivism'.

    No one could answer him. If they said yes to 'emotivism' he would
    counter that emotivism is subjective and unverifiable and not
    metaphysics. If they said no, then what was the basis of ethics. The
    metaphysics of ethics in the MOQ could not be established and An Inquiry
    into Morals, was a subjective unprovable assumption of LILA.

    Now evolution is a problem. Again no satisfactory answer. IMO mystical
    experience is subjective and verifiable. A new meaning for subjective.
    The statement 'All men are equal' is dogma from mystical experience, and
    is verifiable as all men have mystical experience. 'All men are free' is
    again a dogma of verifiable mystical experience. The Native American
    matrix. Rhetoric 2 logic 0.

    Different moral levels inorganic, organic, social, intellectual are
    dogmas of verifiable mystical experience. The origins or evolution of
    the levels are obscure and not important, and can be left to further
    study like the origins of planet Earth.

    Joe