MD individuals making Quality decisions

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@kohath.wanadoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 16:40:01 GMT

    Hi Platt, Chin,

    Chin - thanks for an intriguing post, which quoted one of my favourite lines from ZMM: "My personal
    feeling is that this is how any further improvement of the world will be done: by individuals making
    Quality decisions and that's all."

    I think this is the answer to Platt's question: "What source of morality should [the nation] rely on
    until the MOQ is as widely known and believed as religious moral teaching?" and it lies behind what
    Platt quotes from RMP ""To put philosophy in the service of any social organization or any dogma is
    immoral. It's a lower form of evolution trying to devour a higher one."

    In other words, the individual choosing Quality *cannot* be driven by any coherent body of
    teaching - including the MoQ - the decision has to be autonomous, else there is no DQ, therefore no
    'further improvement'.

    (Thing is, if the individual has this central a place in the application of the MoQ, shouldn't the
    MoQ have some means of describing or fostering such behaviour? Or is it beyond it (by definition)?)

    Oops. I'm on my hobby horse again.

    Sam