Re: MD Let's vote, for intellectual level above social level or with Platt?

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 22:22:24 GMT

    Hi DM:

    > Well the point is to get MOQ running the show not
    > SOM, it certainly is not to chuck out SOM and MOQ together
    > and hand the show over to market forces, that's just
    > taking no responsibility for making any choices at all.

    No choices at all? How so? The free market consists of millions upon
    millions of choices, freely made without government intimidation and
    coercion.

    > I think the lines here are clear. Can we have a vote on
    > who is with Platt on an MOQ with no intellectual
    > level above the social level? Is that a correct phrase for your view
    > Platt?

    No. I'm all for SOM intellect as practiced by science. But I don't want
    SOM with its absence of values deciding what's good for society. That's
    why I've posed the question: "What is the proper source of morality for a
    nation?" I don't think social engineering is the answer, do you?

    Platt