Re: MD New Level of Thinking

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 00:50:29 GMT

    Platt,

    Ooops I thought you really were making a little joke.

    Explanation ?
    The numbers fit the physics, or if you prefer the physics we see at the
    macro level evolved around the matematical reations between fundamental
    physical forces / effects if you like.
    And so on through the other levels.
    Intellect is not independent of Society is not independent of Biology is not
    independent of Physics.
    We should not be surprised to find neat relationships beween aspects of each
    level, provided we've correcly guessed their key aspects.
    That's Occam isn't it, which is on safe ground at the maths / physics level.
    Awesome, amazing, wonderful, beautiful, but not mystical.

    Just Six Numbers by Martin Rees is an interesting read.

    Why is it I feel your question of explanation is one of "why", whereas mine
    is "how".
    With me its the question "why" that is disturbing, not the absence of an
    answer.

    Now tell me I've fallen for your double-bluff, and you really were jesting
    after all.

    Ian.