Re: MD Is Morality Relative?

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 23:46:40 GMT

    Ham,
    You're right I didn't give the answers you're looking for, but I answered
    the questions you asked.
    No I don't believe morality has (necessarily) advanced.
    (I already said that - "no guarantee what direction it has evolved", I said)

    Clearly no, I didn't give you my 50 years of empirical evidence in one 20
    line e-mail, but before I do, I'm a bit baffled.
    You say "I" (little old me) imply MOQ is a basis for judging morality ?
    I thought that's why we were here on MoQ Discuss ?
    To debate RMP's thesis.

    Rolling eveything into one ball called quality ?
    No, several distinct levels of different states / levels of quality.
    Obviously I'm not saying physics and morality are one and the same thing.
    I'm saying (as RMP does) that physics is one layer in the evolution of
    morality.

    You have read ZMM and Lila right ?
    Ian