Re: MD The historical context of Pragmatism

From: Steve Peterson (speterson@fast.net)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 15:26:22 GMT

    DMB,

    Matt said:
    > ...When I get
    > the feeling that people are just waiting to pounce on anything that comes
    > out of my mouth, even when they ask for a summary of something I might know
    > a little something about, I get a little hesitant about saying anything at
    > all.

    DMB stoops to a new low:
    > ...Sheeeesh, what a baby.

    Steve:
    DMB, I know you like to think that this is just your style and that it is
    the ideas that matter, not the way they are presented, but I disagree.
    Ideas are more moral than social conventions, but that is not to say that
    social conventions don't matter. But if it is only the ideas that are
    important to you, why do you make us wade through such jabs and insults to
    find your ideas?