MD Thin skin

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 18:41:13 GMT

    Steve, Matt and y'all:

    affectation: noun. The act of taking on or displaying an attitude or mode of
    behavior not natural to oneself: ARTIFICIALITY. syn see POSE

    DMB stoops to a new low:
    > ...Sheeeesh, what a baby.

    Steve:
    DMB, I know you like to think that this is just your style and that it is
    the ideas that matter, not the way they are presented, but I disagree.
    Ideas are more moral than social conventions, but that is not to say that
    social conventions don't matter. But if it is only the ideas that are
    important to you, why do you make us wade through such jabs and insults to
    find your ideas?

    DMB says:
    Wade through? Right. It must have taken forever to get through all four
    words. Sorry I wasted your time. But seriously, um, the idea is in the jab
    itself. I'm saying that people who get upset about challenges and
    disagreements might do better to spend their time elsewhere. Such things are
    part of the process. This is a forum for philosophical discussion, not a tea
    party. A boxer has to be willing to take a few punches. A swimmer has to be
    willing to get wet, you know? And I don't think social conventions are
    unimportant, but what I'm saying is that some of them can actually be a
    hinderance in a place like this. Forgiveness is a noble sentiment, but for a
    Judge it would be a crime.