RE: MD "Is there anything out there?"

From: Paul Turner (paul@turnerbc.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 11:59:26 GMT

    Hi Platt

    Platt said:
    Put it any way you wish, but how do you explain mathematical laws are a
    good approximation of what some of it (reality) tends to do? Just a
    coincidence, i.e., that (some) static value patterns just happen for no
    reason at all to fall into intelligible mathematical patterns?

    Paul:
    I'm sorry Platt but I don't get it. Are you saying that inorganic
    patterns are guided by mathematics? I think inorganic patterns are
    guided by preferences for certain relationships and mathematics is a
    good way of modelling those preferences.

    Regards

    Paul