RE: MD The MOQ and Mysticism 101

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 02:16:18 GMT

    Ian said:
    Perhaps I could glean a clue or two about inuition and mysticism. I still
    genuinely feel mysticism is just a pejorative label for something fairly
    straightforward. ...Is this stuff "not yet rationally explained" and/or
    "not yet experienced through the 5 external senses" all people mean by
    mysticism?

    dmb says:
    No. To say that mystical reality is that which is "not yet" explained or
    "not yet" experienced gives the impression that we are talking about some
    undiscovered country and that some day we will be able to explain it. This
    is the wrong idea. The idea is that the mystical reality can NEVER be
    explained because of its nature. Its not that we don't yet know its nature,
    it is that the nature of it is known to be beyond explanation. Does that
    make sense?

    Or to put it very simply, DQ is a metaphor for an eternal mystery.