Re: MD Pure experience and the Kantian problematic

From: Joseph Maurer (jhmau@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 02:31:33 GMT

    On 29 January 2005 Scott writes to All interested,

    [Scott ] The MOQ differs from Kant in that it does not assume that the
    conceptual structure is fixed and necessary, but keeps the idea that it is
    conceptual structure (static intellectual patterns of value) that cuts us
    off from
    reality (DQ). The MOQ claim that DQ is "pre-intellectual" is a Kantian
    pattern. The main conceptual structure that produces non-real appearances is
    the subject/object form.

    Hi Scott and all,

    I see nothing wrong in the "claim that DQ is 'pre-intellectual' is a Kantian
    pattern". IMO it is an analogy pointing to mystical experience as the main
    analogue.

    IMO Pragmatism depends on mystical experience-analogy for reasonableness.
    Evolution is tied to pragmatism. I marvel at Pirsig seeing four levels in
    evolution. I marvel at Gurdjieff stating that one is composed of three
    forces. I want to say that the four levels, inorganic, organic, social,
    intellectual are 'pre-intellectual' Pirsigean patterns?

    IMO logical positivism is the pattern using inorganic and organic as the
    evolutionary analogue.

    Metaphorical existentialism is the pattern using the social level as the
    evolutionary analogue.

    Analogical pragmatism is the pattern using the intellectual level as the
    evolutionary analogue.

    I have no idea what Ham Priday is using as the analogue 'essentialism'.

    Joe