Re: MD Understanding Quality and Power

From: Arlo Bensinger (ajb102@psu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2005 - 17:49:06 GMT

    Hi Anthony,

    The entire article by Britt is at:
    http://www.secularhumanism.org/library/fi/britt_23_2.htm

    I would not consider it scholarly, one critic has challenged it thus: The
    Britt article started with what is happening in the U.S. and then crafted a
    description of fascism that only highlights those points that will support
    the thesis. This is a logical fallacy (the false notion that things that
    are similar in some aspects are identical in all aspects). To be fair, I
    have not myself done any look into Britt's accuracy (or lack thereof).

    What I have also discovered, is that the article is a knock-off of a piece
    by Umberto Eco (http://www.themodernword.com/eco/eco_blackshirt.html). I've
    read this and consider it to be significantly higher quality.

    Nonetheless, the 14 Characteristics video was entertaining- and if nothing
    else, cautionary, to bad you are unable to view it. :-)

    Arlo