Re: MD Static and dynamic aspects of mysticism and religious experience

From: Adam Watt (adamwatt@mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 23:29:40 BST

    On Thursday, April 7, 2005, at 07:47 pm, Mark Steven Heyman wrote:

    > The point I've been trying to make with Ham is that religious belief
    > systems, to the extent that they rely on faith, are very different
    > from scientific or philosophical systems. To deny this is pure
    > confusion.

    Hello,

    I thought I'd pick on this point. It may be pure confusion ( seems that
    way.. ), but, correct me if I'm
    wrong, aren't all 'scientific and philosophical systems' ultimately
    based on some degree assumption?
    And if so, as I think they are, is relying on faith and relying on
    assumption so different?

    Adam

    > MOQ.ORG - http://www.moq.org
    > Mail Archives: