Re: MD scientific beliefs and religious faith

From: Sam Norton (elizaphanian@kohath.wanadoo.co.uk)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 12:30:31 BST

    Hi Mark,

    > msh says:
    > If you consider health and standard of living issues as social
    > problems, then sure, science has solved a tremendous number of
    > problems. And I believe you could make the case for a number of
    > similar issues, better airplanes, bridges, dams, flood control.

    How is that *science* has solved these problems? Health is problematic, as
    it seems to sit on the biological level primarily. What I'm trying to get at
    is that the solution to a problem at the third level necessarily involves
    the political choices that you describe, and in such a situation the wonders
    of science are, as you say, 'expensive tools'. The solution to the problems
    lies, it seems to me, in the use of the tools, not the existence of the
    tools. And I don't see how science teaches the use of the tools in the third
    level. And I think that's quite significant.

    Sam