Re: MD Time

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 06:02:51 BST

    Scott,

    To cut a long story short - I'm pressed for time right now ...
    I think this encapsulates the issue ... You said
    Explanation is another modernist way of thinking, an avoidance of
    recognizing that the real problem is explanation itself.

    I say
    In which case - not me - I am definitely beyond modern and post
    modern. I had a whole thread running earlier on "quality of
    explanation" being the key issue - the point being that it is far more
    than objective inductive rationale. Therefore as you implicitely point
    out - I do (openly) use "physics" as meaning the vehicle for this
    "explanation of everything real" not just the tangible / empirical
    world.

    Ian