Re: MD Our Immoral Supreme Court

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 13:16:19 BST

    > Hi Mark M,
    >
    > Does this mean I can own land, food, shelter,
    > clothing, car, computer,
    > furniture, TV, telephone, etc.,etc? Or are all these
    > things I claim as
    > belonging to me "theft?" Of course like everybody else
    > I believe that
    > I'm
    > "good at" using all the things I have.
    >
    > Mark 5-7-05:
    > Hello Platt, Everyone could be excellent with land
    > because the land is a mutually rewarding relationship
    > we call the biosphere. Native Americans did not think
    > they owned the land for similar reasons.
    > So, if someone abuses the biosphere they are abusing
    > everyone's excellence with it. Ownership of land seems
    > to encourage this in my view.

    Hi Mark M:
    Please explain how ownership of land encourages abuse of the biosphere.

    > Food is part of the biosphere also, so everyone should
    > have enough to eat as a Human right. We may extend
    > this to clothing?
    > This can be accomodated by the instigation of
    > appropriate social static patterns.

    What social static patterns would you suggest we instigate?

    > TV's telephones and computers are modes of
    > communication, and that is for social and intellectual
    > patterns. Therefore, in a civilized society all
    > communication of intellectual patterns should also be
    > a Human right. Everyone should enjoy a mutualy
    > rewarding relationship with these modes of
    > communication.
    > However, these modes are alos owned and that ownership
    > is a higher negation of freedom for everyone as is the
    > ownership of land.

    So my owning a computer prevents my neighbor from owning a computer?
    Please explain how that's so.

    > Platt:
    > Now we're getting somewhere. Now you say, like Pirsig,
    > that I am unique
    > patters of value, not just a happening. Would you
    > agree that some of
    > those
    > "patterns" never change, like my fingerprints and DNA?
    >
    > Mark 5-7-05:
    > Everything changes Platt except DQ.
    > Even fingerprints and DNA change.
    > Because the latter change very slowly, you think you
    > are correct to state they do not change at all.

    If everything changes then your idea that everything changes except DQ
    must also change.

    Best,
    Platt