Re: MD Barfield is Wrong

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 11:17:24 BST

    Scott,
    I stand by the physics criticisms (which was my only criticism) ...
    the involvement of our "seeing" (direct or interpreted) is no
    different whether we are looking at a tree or a rainbow - my only
    point ...

    But one of us must indeed have misunderstood what he says about seeing
    and hearing ...

    He quite clearly says (to me) we literally only hear (sense with our
    ears) sounds. We interpret "thrushes singing" in our minds. (Ditto for
    sight) And I agree with him, or I've misunderstood him.

    We are just talking about the bleedin obvious ... there is an
    immediate sense and an interpreted sense involved in any "sensing".
    ((ie Our aural sense organ responds to 440Hz pressure variations
    directly, we interpret middle-C in relation to some scale of tonality
    in our brains.)

    Ian