MD Who's Been Asked to Leave? part 2

From: Erin (macavity11@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 21:05:22 BST

    Ok when I sent a post to you on Thursday I had lost access to the archives while looking
    for your requested quotes. These quites are not the best example of
    what I am looking for but give some idea what I am referring to.....also with your
    continuously obnoxious attitude towards me I don't know if I am willing to go
    spend time searching through the archives for quotes for you.

    First to clarify they are not direct "Get out" statements but comments which to me gives
    out the same message (e.g., why are you here...go to so and so site
    (Rorty/postmodern), get your own site to express your ideas etc.).

     The most recent one was by Bo saying somethign about Scott being oblivious this is a
    moq site?/ Pirsig? site or something like that. Scott also got it from
     Marsha with repeated comments that to me said something like "go get your own site if
    you are going to express your ideas."

    MARSHA : Please do let me know if you ever get a website and elist of your own. I'd
    love to visit, and us it as a workspace to develop my theory of the
    emotional life cycle of the barfly.

    ANT also recently sets himself as manager of the site/fair and others as trying to "close"
    the site or 'change the site' and who knows what the intent of the
    Freak is

    ANT : I'm only against those who would wish to close it, those who would operate it as
    “Professor Rorty’s School of Leadership & Post-modernism” and, of
    course, the occasional Freak.

    (but notice you aren't treated trying to turn this into a Chomsky site!!!! Chomsky must
    have made the approved list of the fair's manager of who's ideas we can
    talk about)

    ANT talking about Mark: POSSIBLY he is sincere in his sentiment to “make the MOQ
    better” but unfortunately his Rortyan project will transform it into the
    “Philosophy of Of”

     People are also scolded if they bring in terminology that Pirsig didn't use himself......are
    we going to have to go through the dictionary and cross off words
     that aren't approved of next?

    I believe there have been more direct suggestions of telling somebody to go elsewhere
    for expressing ideas that differ from Pirsig than the ones I have above
    but I no longer feel willing to pour through archives to find supporting quotes for
    you...you already know all about what I think so why bother!!! (oops sorry
    sarcasm Mati..).

    I like to hear our ideas of Quality too not just our ideas of Pirsig's ideas of Quality. As
    Khoo Hock Aun just said "Just as there are many on this list with
    their own ideas of the MOQ."

    I think people's own ideas of Quality should be welcomed not treated like there is some
    ulterior motive of ruining/changing/destroying the site and to me this
    does give a "agree with Pirsig or why bother staying message". Isn't an interest in
    Quality enough of a reason to be around, not playing the game of who can
    think the most like Pirsig but developing our individual voices. I have tremendous
    respect for Pirsig and his ideas I just don't get the resistance to hearing
    alternative ideas here..... hearing other ideas should be treated as a betrayal to Pirsig or
    dangering the site.

    Erin