Re: MD Where is the Zen&

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 14:47:45 BST

    Dear Marsha,

    You wrote 30 Jul 7:41 -0400:
    "I read of the conflict between the levels and identifying with a dominant
    level. But where is the Dynamic Quality that Zen offers? Where is the
    turning away from, the letting go of, attachment.
    Where are the instructions, methods and suggestions to reach the place for
    experiencing that everything is connected to everything and a broader
    perspective? And how can this be cultivated in ourselves and offered to all
    in the Social and Intellectual levels?"

    I don't know about Zen, but I agree that you won't find the Dynamic Quality
    that measures and thereby connects all static quality if you only look for
    conflicts between levels of static quality and for which patterns are
    highest and dominant within and between levels.
    Yet "instructions, methods and suggestions to reach the place for
    experiencing that everything is connected to everything and a broader
    perspective" are just more social and intellectual static quality.
    You can only cultivate Dynamic Quality by looking for ... static quality, by
    seeing its steady change, its migration towards ... Dynamic Quality, despite
    conflicts, despite even harmony within and between levels.
    There's no place to experience it but here and now and everywhere. There's
    no method for it but by experiencing Quality in its contradictory (static
    and Dynamic) identity. It doesn't need instruction, suggestions and being
    offered. It is there for everyone already.
    One turns away from and lets go of attachment to any particular static
    pattern of value as soon as one sees the whole pattern of migration of them
    all. When you experience the static in the Dynamic and the Dynamic in the
    static, you identify with the whole, the One, with Quality as such.

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim