Re: MD generalised propositional truths

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 31 2005 - 03:14:43 BST

    Thanks for noticing that point Sam, I actually posted it about 5 times
    in different parts of the threads that picked-up on Cold-Fusion, but
    no-one else responded.

    The trouble with memes is people only see the easy to understand bits
    "cold-fusion was a fake" even though it could very well be the
    opposite of truth.

    On honesty ... clearly I agree with you ... any quips about dishonesty
    being the better course are from my bag of tricks calleed "many a true
    word spoken in jest". That said, the truth of the matter is honesty of
    intent, not some semantically interpreted honesty in the syntax we use
    (what we say).

    Rhetoric is absolutely essential in this sea of highly un-Zen logic.
    The linguistic "truth" is always bent to make an honest point (or a
    dishonest one - there's the rub).

    Ian