Re: MD Conflict

From: skutvik@online.no
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 13:23:12 BST

    Hi Ian

    1 Aug. you wrote:

    > Bo,
    > Which moslems, living where, wearing which masks ?

    Among other places in Norway, where for instance a young
    woman who brought a tape recorder into a Mosque exposed
    another side of the Imam's public face.

    > War on whose behalf ?

    Not for you Ian, but there is a flood of articles from various
    institutes about the terror these days and all makes a point of
    NOT accepting Al Qaida's own version, but keep talking about
    economical motives. We see Marx' footprints of everything being
    superstructures upon the only real thing: Economy.

    > No please don't answer, they're rhetorical questions.

    Sorry I didn't see this until now ;-)

    > Thanks for branding me obscurantist.

    Not always though!

    > I'd actually love to hear your take on the Q-Soc vs Q-Bio angle of the
    > terrorist individual(s) and their individual pre-meditated act(s) of
    > terrorism.

    Well, look to my last for Arlo in the "racism remark" thread and
    see if that makes sense.

    > At that level I'd buy the suggestion that the story is
    > predominantly Platt's victory of society over biology, and vice versa
    > where the individuals successfully execute and get away with it,
    > suicide or no.

    > But please don't tell me that's the "exorcism of terrorism",
    > notwithstanding the purely technical social safeguards about evidence
    > and innocence until guilty. I'm genuinely shocked.

    When the Barbarians are at the gates some extraordinary actions
    must be taken. At last it looks like the authorities of some
    European countries have mustered the courage to send the
    hateful Imams back to where they belong.

    > (Interestingly in the UK I notice one of the main talking points is
    > still the innocent but unfortunate Brazillian who was shot by the
    > police - ie it's not just a handful of liberal MoQ'ers.)

    There was something more to the storey than the police just
    shooting him. If a person jumps fences and refuses to stop he
    begs for trouble.

    Bo