Re: MD Racist Remarks

From: jc (jcpryor@nccn.net)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 20:45:15 BST

    At 11:09 AM -0400 8/5/05, Arlo J. Bensinger wrote:

    >And, as Ian had pointed out, it neglects the reality of "American"
    >culture, that
    >is firmly rooted in adherence to social-level patterns, whether they are
    >"religious" in nature or not. Bo, I do appreciate where you are trying to go
    >with this, "democracies" are more moral than "theocracies". Absolutely. But
    >when we allow this to be tied to the social-level nation-state, we glorify
    >static social level patterns, not intellectual ones. Much better to say "I'm a
    >democratist", then one is certainly outside social-pattern identifications.
    >
    >Arlo

    Arlo,

    First, I sure do appreciate your writings. I want to say AMEN to
    just about everything you contribute.

    To my mind, democracy is only as good as the citizenry which makes it
    up. An informed citizenry is vital, but informed by whom? How much
    thought and reading is done by your average dem? I have no idea, but
    when I view the political and cultural landscape, I suspect that a
    serious degeneracy has occured and democracy is in fact dead.

    sadly,

    jc