Re: MD Tat Tvam Asi, Campbell and Theosis

From: David M (davidint@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 19:34:08 BST

    Sam

    try this for a description of quality:

    The world is a pattern undergoing change.
    A person is a sub-pattern in this larger pattern.

    A person-pattern changes in causal response to
    the totality of patterns-in-change that surrounds them.

    A person pattern experiences the quality of these
    changes caused in the person-pattern by the changes
    in the surrounding patterns.

    Quality is the impact of the world on the person.
    We do not observe the world it impacts its qualities on us.
    Change in the person is the experience of quality. We are
    not transcendent subjects observing -without contact- objects.

    All this causal stuff goes on making patterns impacting other patterns.
    This is SQ. But in addition to all this impact stuff changing patterns,
    patterns just change anyway, that's DQ and makes agency and
    creativity and emergence possible. We live in a cosmos dominated
    by DQ but there is enough SQ for the levels to emerge.Now there's
    a miracle.

    DM