Re: MD The MOQ conference hoax

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 11:24:03 BST

    Sam,

    I completely support the "What doesn't destroy makes stronger line"
    and would add that (whatever the motives and other outcomes) parody is
    a perfectly valid contribution to any debate.

    But for the record, I don't see MoQ as anything like a cult or a
    religion - if I did I'd be off like a shot. Struan's use of the word
    "salvation" is ironic. And I don't see Platt's behaviour and responses
    to it having anything to do with the social intellectual debate about
    the MoQ in this parody.

    Ian